Tuesday 22 March 2016

In Atlanta

It's been a long day, I'm checked into my not so salubrious hotel and its 20.30 local time which means it's half past midnight to me (and to you!) The flight was just over 9 hours and as my brother (hello Andy) correctly informed me the route takes you up to Canada and all down the East coast so that meant I've already travelled the length of the AT! I was looking out the window and could see what was in store, bearing in mind it took about an hour by plane it's going to be a long haul, hopefully enjoyable but long and arduous!!
Slight change of plan for tomorrow (today), I've decided to take the Amtrac from the airport to a place called Marta where there's an REI store and an Apple shop so I can get supplies and a SIM card. It's North of the city and therefore on the way to Amicalola Falls so hopefully I can arrange some transport from there and spend tomorrow night in a shelter for the first time. If the temperature is like tonight should be a pleasant introduction to Trail life.
Thanks for all the comments, sorry I can't reply to them all but rest assured I'm reading them and loving all the support. Will keep updating when I've got wifi but for quick updates check out Twitter and Facebook (Thru Hiker). Once again thanks for reading and will update soon. Cheers 

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your report don't forget your poo bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever happens you at have least flown the AT Rich!! Look forward to the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Rich enjoy your first night out there, what's the temperature like.

    ReplyDelete